The Church of St Jerome is the third church in a historical series, built in 1940 at the place of the Church of St Jerome erected in 1861. There are no traces of the construction of the oldest church of St Jerome in the area called Gornje Selo. It was mentioned for the first time in 1603 during the Bishop's Visitation. Together with the church there was also the Brotherhood of St Jerome. At the time of French rule the Brotherhood was abolished and all ecclesiastical property sold. Later the church was used again, however, the population of Risika increased and a new church was built in the place of the present day church in the area of Dolinje Selo. The people of Risika hold a folk feast and a mass on 30th September, the feast day of their patron saint.